Covid-19 Alert Level 1 & The Golden Rules
At Alert Level 1, everyone can return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want.
The Hauraki Rail Trail is fully open and trail services such as shuttles, bike hire, accommodation and cafes are able to operate.
You can help by exploring your own backyard. You’ll get a break while getting to know New Zealand, and helping local tourism businesses get back on their feet.
Buying local is a great way to reconnect with the community and support businesses. Every purchase helps to keep people employed, and get our communities humming again.
Please continue to keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to assist with rapid contact tracing if required, and maintain good hygiene.
The Government have set out the following Golden Rules for everyone at Alert Level 1.
The Golden Rules
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
Protect yourself, your whanau and your community and Download the NZ Covid Tracer App
You can find more information on Alert Level 1 and Covid-19 here
« Back to News