Adventure South - 3 Day Hauraki Rail Trail
29 Iversen Terrace Christchurch, 8011 New Zealand
0800 00 11 66
PRICE: From $1,295.00
Explore the wonderfully laidback Hauraki Rail Trail, just an hour’s drive south of Auckland on our 3 day fully supported cycling tour.
From the city, we drive to Kaiaua where our ride begins along the Shorebird Coast, overlooking the Firth of Thames.
The trail traces one of New Zealand’s oldest railway corridors, dating back to 1898, wandering through the Hauraki Plains, before delving into the flinty Karangahake Gorge, strewn with old gold mining relics. A ride through lush Waikato farmland leads us to Matamata and the end of our ride.
Experience the best trailside highlights, including visits to the townships of Paeroa & Te Aroha. The flexibility of our tour enables an overnight stop at the delightful Waihi Beach plus some optional excursions to places of interest along the way.
- Cycle the flat, easy Hauraki Rail Trail between historic gold towns
- Ride the Miranda Shorebird Coast, internationally renowned for its migratory shorebirds
- Explore the historic gold mining townships of Thames and Waihi
- Cycle through the Karangahake Gorge, featuring a 1100m tunnel and intriguing gold mining relics
- Enjoy a break off the bike at the Matatoki cheese factory
- Take a swim or walk at Waihi Beach, boasting 9km of stunning white sand
- Stand tall next to Paeroa’s giant ‘famous in NZ’ L&P bottle
- Soak up the views of lush Waikato farmland under the gaze of Mt Te Aroha
ENQUIRE FOR BOOKING